Helping With Complex Employment Law Issues Throughout The Bay Area
At Winton Strauss Law Group, P.C., we have extensive experience handling employment law matters for businesses and individuals throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Unlike most employment law firms, we handle a wide range of employment issues from both the employee and employer sides. We know how both sides to an employment issue think, and this unique perspective allows us to solve your problems in the most economical and expeditious manner.
If you are an employee and have concerns about your employment rights, we are here for you. We can help you take advantage of the powerful state and federal employment statutes that are designed to protect you. The damages we can seek for you may include back pay, front pay, emotional distress and attorneys fees.
If you are an employer, we can advise you on policies and procedures that protect you from employee lawsuits and other liabilities. If a dispute does arise, we can help you pursue swift, cost-effective outcome.
Full-Service Employment Law Firm
We handle a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including:
- Discrimination and harassment: Including claims involving discrimination based on protected characteristics such as race, age, sex, disability, ethnicity and pregnancy status; and all types of sexual harassment claims, including quid pro quo and hostile work environment claims.
- Retaliation: It is unlawful for employers to retaliate against employees for reporting illegal workplace activities (whistleblowing) and participating in investigations in any way.
- Wage and hour claims: Handling all types of wage and hour disputes, including those involving break time, overtime, minimum wage, exempt/nonexempt status, alternative week schedules, and issues affecting salespersons, trainees and resident workers.
- Independent contractors or employees: Handling issues pertaining to classification of independent contractors.
- Time off/leaves of absence: Including cases involving vacation, sick leave, pregnancy leave, disability leave, reinstatement and claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the California Family Rights Act (CFRA).
- Wrongful termination: Employees may not be terminated based on protected characteristics or in retaliation for reporting or complaining about illegal workplace conduct.
- The hiring process: We can advise you in all aspects of the hiring process, including establishing employment contracts, handling testing and screening issues, establishing employee handbooks and manuals and matters involving the California Wage Theft Prevention Act.
- The firing process: Our lawyers can guide you through the process of firing, progressive discipline and other issues. We can help you make decisions regarding resisting unemployment claims, when to pay final wages and other matters.
Contact Us For Experienced Employment Law Guidance
We are here to handle all of your employment law matters. Contact us online or by telephone at 415-985-2111 to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our knowledgeable employment lawyers.